The Equipping the Saints (EtS) Ministry was birthed in 2005 with the intent of helping saints to grow in their Christian life and walk and to prepare them for fruitful deeds of service.
The principle Scripture for this ministry is found in Ephesians 4:11-14 which tells us that Jesus gave apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to equip the saints (born-again Christians) for the work of the ministry and for building up the body of Christ until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
To this end, we have designed materials and courses to teach saints the foundations of the faith, to provide answers to personal questions they may have regarding their faith (e.g. What happened to me when I was saved?) and to help saints learn their gifts and callings in preparation for the work God has called them to do. We believe that God has given every believer unique gifts and abilities.
Part of our goal in the EtS ministry is to train God’s people in their unique gifts and get them connected and engaged in useful endeavors of service for God’s kingdom.
An additional feature of EtS is based on II Tim. 2:15 which exhorts believers to be diligent to present themselves to God as workers who do not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing (making a right interpretation) the Word of God. One specific 12-week course entitled “Making the Most of Your Biblical Studies” addresses this concern. Handling God’s Word using sound biblical principles honors God and is pleasing to Him.
Finally, EtS provides a focus on the kingdom of God and intends to help new Christians and those with little training to understand what happens to them at the new birth in which they are transferred from the present evil age to the kingdom of God’s Son. This training is designed to show Christians how to live in their new kingdom environment so they can walk successfully in a God-pleasing way. We hope to impart to believers the understanding that entering into the kingdom of God brings them to a whole new way of living.
Workbook courses available within the EtS program are:
– The Foundations Series 101-104 – 25 lessons
– A compete Bible Survey (Immanuel, God With Us) which focuses on God’s actions in history, the literary styles of the Bible and character studies to show the Biblical disciplines embraced by some of God’s “Immanuel” people
– Making the Most of your Biblical Studies – presenting biblical guidelines for interpreting the most common Biblical literary styles and literary devices, e.g. figures of speech, idioms.
Other special studies available are:
– “In Defense of Creationism” providing Biblical and Scientific answers to 27 often-asked questions about creation vs. evolution
– Growing Spiritually
– An Introduction to Spiritual Warfare
– Hearing from God
– Don’t Know How to Pray?
– Pleasing God in our Worship
– A verse-by-verse Study Guide of the Book of Proverbs
– A verse-by-verse Study Guide of the Book of Mathew
– The End Times – “Our Journey into Eternity – a workbook
– Entering Into the Kingdom of God
Pastor David Braden